The School’s Business Manager is Marcia James-Smith. She oversees the business management of the school – all the administrative and logistical aspects of running a school so that these are done in the most effective and efficient way possible.
The SBM role has evolved from that of the school bursar, but whereas bursars typically focus on purely financial administrative matters, SBMs have a broader remit. SBM duties include:
- Financial management, including setting budgets, negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Financial reporting, fundraising and making best use of resources
- Management of support staff, such as teaching assistants, catering staff and cleaners premises management
- Human resources, including overseeing staff training strategic planning, including meeting long-term education challenges and developments.
- Health and safety
- Relationship management with other schools and external partners